Sunday, February 8, 2009

What is your favorite beer?

Sometimes it is nice to have a ice cold beer on a real hot day. There are a couple that I would choose. I have not had that many different kinds of beer so I am gonna have to say either a Corona or MGD (Miller Genuine Draft). I don't like lagars or anything like that.

Beer is one of the world's oldest beverages. It dates back to the 6th millenium BC. The earliest known chemical evidence of beer dates to circa 3500–3100 BC from the site of Godin Tepe in the Zagros Mountains of western Iran.

Beer was known to Germanic and Celtic tribes in Europe as far back as 3000 BC.

More than 35 billion gallons (133 billion liters) are sold per year.

There is a movie called 'Beerfest'. I don't want to tell the whole movie but it's about a few guys that have an old family beer recipe. The go to Germany to a beer competition to save their family secret and to gain a bruery.

There is actually a beer festival. I wonder if Chris is a regular there. LOL

There are so many drinking games and songs. If I knew any, I would tell you. If you know any good ones that you enjoy, feel free to leave mention it here.

Drink responsibly!!!

1 comment:

Chris said...

I love beer, but I stopped drinking it more than 10 years ago. Once in a while it is good like you said hot days. I like to drink before the Superbowl games and when Jordan played :) the games were thrilling. I like imported beer, Lowenbrau, Heineken, Belgium Beers, they are very good. Once in a while I taste test beers. Last week I drank Sapporo, Japanese Beer, it tastes good with no after taste like regular beer. Among American Beer I like Icehouse, Miller Genuine Draft, they are very good also. Post this in Hubpages and send me the link. It is a good article everyone will like it there.