Friday, February 13, 2009

The story of a monkey

Last night after I finished telling my daughter, who is 22 months old, a story, I told her it was now her turn to tell me a story. This is how it went:

Me - Now it's your turn to tell me a story.

Her - Monkey

Me - Oh you're story is about a monkey?

Her - Yes, and big hat.

Me - The monkey is wearing a big hat. What color?

Her - Orange.

Me - The monkey is wearing a big orange hat. And what else?

Her - Dresses.

Me - The monkey wearing wearing a dress?

Her - Yes.

Me - What is the monkey doing with a dress on?

Her - Cooking.

Me - So the monkey is wearing a big orange hat and a dress and the
monkey is cooking. What is monkey cooking.

Her - Muffin and put salt and pepper.

Me - Wow that sounds like fun but I don't know if it will taste good with salt and pepper on muffins.

Her - Yes, it's good.

Me - That's a good story. Now what will the monkey do after eating the muffins.

Her - Go sleep.

So that is her story of a monkey. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son has not gotten to the point where he is telling me stories yet, but he is very persistent in the books he wants read to him. This morning, I was watching the news and was distracted by the story of a plane crash, and he didn't like that, so he hit me in the testicles with his books and said "Moo Cow book now Daddy!" He thought it was funny how the characters had higher pitched voices then they normally do when I read it to him.

Anonymous said...

Amazing to even think of a story concept at such a young age. The monkey sure would have loved those spicy muffins :)

Mike and Judy said...

Good Job Kushali!!!
Keep encouraging her to make more story, and make her a little book of her stories you can even draw little picture with her and that will also help her to learn to draw and colors.